Beenaafushi Island, located in the Maldives, is a perfect getaway for luxury travelers and honeymooners. The island features a range of luxury accommodations such as villas, cottages, and beachfront properties. It also offers stunning views of the Indian Ocean and the Coco-Lime Coast. With its beautiful natural surroundings and up-to-date facilities, Beenaafushi Island is a perfect destination for those who want to experience true luxury.
Beenaafushi Island History
Beenaafushi Island is a tiny, uninhabited volcanic island located in the middle of the Indian Ocean. It’s about 2.4 km long and wide, with an area of just 0.05 km2. The island has a rich history dating back to the ancient and pre-historic periods when it was used as a trade and navigation hub between the Indian subcontinent and Southeast Asia.
The first recorded mention of Beenaafushi Island dates back to the 7th century BCE when Chinese navigators charted its location while sailing through the Indian Ocean. During the Islamic period (632-1206 CE), Beenaafushi Island became an important stop on the Silk Road trade route between East and West. It remained an important maritime center throughout the Middle Ages and Renaissance periods, serving as a base for pirates and privateers operating in the region.
In 1799, Beenaafushi was seized by British forces during their campaign to conquer India. The island remained under British control until 1958 when it gained independence as a part of the newly formed Maldives Republic. Since then, Beenaafushi has been used for military purposes and for tourism purposes, most notably by Russian tourists who visit it to catch a glimpse of its beautiful volcanic landscapes.
Beenaafushi Island is located in the middle of the Indian Ocean, about 350 km east of Malé and 1,000 km south of Colombo. It’s situated at a latitude of 10°17’N and longitude 74°31’E, just off the northeast coast of Male Atoll. The island is surrounded by deep coral reefs and has few beaches; most visitors arrive by boat.
Beenaafushi is an atoll located in the lagoon of Ari Atoll, Maldives. It covers an area of 21.2 ha, has a population of around 120 people, and is home to a small fishing village. The atoll is uninhabited except for a few Maldivian government officials, the caretakers of the island’s coconut trees, and a few stray cats.
The main activities on Beenaafushi are subsistence fishing and farming. The locals mainly grow coconuts, watermelons, and betel nuts. Fishing is also an important activity, with reef fish such as parrotfish, snappers, groupers, and tuna being captured mainly for sale to local restaurants or exported.
Some visitors to Beenaafushi visit to observe the natural environment and wildlife or to take pictures or video footage of the island’s stunning scenery.
There is no definitive population estimate for Beenaafushi, as it is uninhabited and the locals are reluctant to give away any specific figures. However, according to local folklore, there used to be up to 1,000 people living on the atoll.
The economy of Beenaafushi is mainly based on subsistence fishing and farming. Fishing employs the majority of the local population, while agriculture only plays a minor role. Exports include reef fish and betel nuts, which are sold to local restaurants or exported. There is also some tourism activity, but it does not generate much revenue for the islanders.
Beenaafushi Island is a small but beautiful island located in the Maldives. The climate is warm and pleasant all year round, with average temperatures ranging from 27-32 degrees Celsius. The average rainfall is about 850 mm, with September and October being the wettest months. The humidity is high most of the time, making it a paradise for tourists who enjoy the constant warmth.
Culture and Religion
Beenaafushi Island is a small island located in the Maldives. It is known for its beautiful coral reefs and its diverse culture. The people of Beenaafushi Island are Muslim and their religion is Sunni Islam. There are several mosques located on the island, as well as a number of Islamic schools. The cuisine of Beenaafushi Island is based on the spices and flavors of the Middle East. Local favorites include chicken shawarma and lamb kabobs.
There are several languages spoken on the island of Beenaafushi, including the following:
- Tamashek – The main language spoken in the north of the island. It is closely related to Fijian and is spoken by around 60,000 people.
- Tongan – A Polynesian language that is also spoken in Beenaafushi. It is largely used by the seafarers who work on the island.
- Hindi – The main language of the Indian community on Beenaafushi and is also spoken by a few local people.
Education is compulsory for all children between the ages of 6 and 16. The island has a number of primary schools as well as secondary schools, which offer both Islamic and Western education.
The Maldives is a multiparty democracy and has had two democratically elected presidents since the country’s independence in 1978. The current president is Abdulla Yameen, who won elections in 2013.
The government services on Beenaafushi Island are limited and there is no hospital. Medical care can be found on the neighboring islands of arriving tourists. There is only one police station on the island and it does not have any jurisdiction over the rest of the area.
Beenaafushi Island is a popular destination for tourists in the Maldives. It is well-known for its clear water, white sand beaches, and lush tropical forests. The island is home to a number of resorts, including the Shangri-La Villingili Resort and Spa, which was recently awarded five stars by the Forbes Travel Guide. The island also possesses a number of other attractions, including the Muhaadhoo Lighthouse and the Laamu Atoll National Park.
Hotels and Resorts List
Here’s a list of some of the best hotels and resorts on Beenaafushi Island.
- The Palms Resort – This is a luxury all-inclusive hotel with stunning views of the Gulf of Thailand. It has an outdoor pool, a gym, and a spa.
- The Lighthouse Resort – This is a family-friendly all-inclusive hotel with beautiful views of the Gulf of Thailand. It has an outdoor pool, several restaurants, a children’s playground, and a spa.
- The Lagoon Resort – This is an all-inclusive resort that has both indoor and outdoor pools, as well as several restaurants, bars, and spas.
- The Beenaafushi Island Resort – This is an all-inclusive resort that offers beautiful views of the Gulf of Thailand and the Bashi Channel. It has an indoor pool, several restaurants, bars, and spas, as well as children’s activities.
Here are some of the best attractions on Beenaafushi Island.
- The Lighthouse – This is a historical lighthouse that dates back to 1876 and is located in the Laamu Atoll National Park.
- The Muhaadhoo Lighthouse – This is a historic lighthouse that was built in 1935 and is located near the town of Muhaadhoo on Beenaafushi Island.
- The Shang ri-La Villingili Resort and Spa – This is a luxury resort that was awarded five stars by the Forbes Travel Guide. It has an outdoor pool, a spa, and several restaurants.
- The Lagoon – This is an artificial lagoon that covers 2 km2 and was constructed in 1972 to provide recreational activities for guests of the Beenaafushi Island Resort.
Here are some of the best activities on Beenaafushi Island.
- Kayaking – This is a popular activity in and around the Lagoon resort area.
- Snorkeling – This is another popular activity in and around the Lagoon resort area, as well as along the coral reefs off Beenaafushi Island.
Overall, Beenaafushi Island is a great place to visit if you are looking for an adventure. The island has plenty of activities and attractions to keep you busy, and the locals are friendly and welcoming. The only downside is that the island can be quite expensive, especially for those who want to stay in luxury accommodations.
1.Do I Need A Visa To Visit Beenaafushi Island?
Ans: No, you do not need a visa to visit Beenaafushi Island. However, some visitors may be required to obtain an island-wide tourist permit in order to stay on the island for more than 30 days.
2.What Is The Cost Of Accommodation On Beenaafushi Island?
Ans: The cost of accommodation can vary, but it is typically expensive. Prices for luxury hotels and resorts can range from US$200 per night to well over US$1,000 per night.
3.What Are The Best Activities To Do On Beenaafushi Island?
Ans: There are many different activities that can be enjoyed on Beenaafushi Island. Some of the most popular include kayaking, snorkeling, and diving.