Silhouette Island is a new luxury resort in the Maldives that is redefining luxury travel. Offering a truly unique experience, the resort combines an idyllic island setting with world-class amenities and services.
From the moment you arrive, you will feel the luxurious atmosphere that Silhouette Island has to offer. The Resort features over 30 acres of lush gardens and stunning lagoon views, creating an enchanting and relaxing environment. You’ll enjoy world-class leisure facilities such as a championship golf course, a casino, a spa, and more. With so much to do and see on the island, there’s never been a better time to visit Silhouette Island!
- 1 All About Of Silhouette Island
All About Of Silhouette Island
Silhouette Island is a small and secluded island off the east coast of Newfoundland. The island has a rich history that stretches back centuries. The first Europeans to visit the island were members of the Cabot Expedition in 1497.
The island was first claimed for England by Sir Hugh Cabot in 1543, and was later settled by Loyalists in the early 1760s as part of the British Empire. In 1815, Silhouette Island was ceded to Canada as part of the Treaty of Ghent. The island’s fortunes changed dramatically with the arrival of the railway in 1865.
With the development of coal mines on the island, Silhouette Island quickly became one of Newfoundland’s most important economic centers. Today, tourism is the mainstay of Silhouette Island’s economy, and it remains one of Canada’s most picturesque and isolated islands.
Silhouette Island is located approximately 240 km east of St John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador. The island is approximately 10 km long by 5 km wide and has a population of approximately 100 people. The terrain consists mainly of low mountains, with small portions at the southern end elevated to 2,000 ft (600 m).
The island is heavily forested, with a significant amount of hemlock and spruce. The lower areas are covered in dense shrubs and small trees, while the higher elevations have open meadows dominated by white birch and balsam fir. There are also several wetlands on the island, including Spruce Pond (the largest), Goose Pond, and Mill Pond.
The population of Silhouette Island is predominantly Canadian, with a small number of Newfoundlandians and Nunavimmiut.
The main source of income on the island is tourism, which relies heavily on the natural beauty of the island. The population also hunts and fishes for subsistence purposes.
The climate is classified as humid continental thanks to its close proximity to the Gulf of St Lawrence. The average temperature is below freezing from October to March, and above freezing from April to September.
Culture and Religion
The predominant religion on the island is Anglican, but there are also Roman Catholic and Presbyterian churches. There is no post office or store on the island, which means that residents must rely on shipping to access goods.
The primary language spoken on the island is Canadian English, but there are also a significant number of French speakers.
The education of Silhouette Island is available in English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish. We offer programs from Early Childhood Education to Adult Basic & Higher Education. Our goal is to provide our students with a well-rounded education that will prepare them for a successful future.
The political landscape of Silhouette Island is dominated by the Canadian federal government. There are a limited number of elected representatives who serve on the island’s council.
The only government service available on the island is policing. The RCMP has a detachment on the island that provides limited police services.
Silhouette Island is a stunning private island located in the Florida Keys. The island is known for its crystal clear waters and white sand beaches. The island is also a popular tourist destination, with visitors coming to enjoy its natural beauty and peaceful atmosphere.
Silhouette Island offers a variety of activities for visitors, including golfing, snorkeling, kayaking, fishing, and bird watching. The island also features several restaurants and bars, as well as a spa and wellness center.
Hotels and Resorts List
Hotels and Resorts on Silhouette Island:
- Belmond Maldives Resort & Spa – This luxurious all-inclusive resort offers a wide range of activities and facilities, including a championship 18-hole golf course, a private island with its own beach, and a spa.
- The Spa at the Ritz-Carlton – This award-winning spa offers a range of treatments and therapies, as well as an extensive menu of luxurious spa treatments.
- The Lighthouse – This intimate boutique hotel features an outdoor pool, white sand beach, and stunning views of the Maldives’ crystal clear waters. Rooms come with high-quality furnishings and linens.
Attractions on Silhouette Island:
- Eagle’s Nest – This tall, timbered tower is one of the most popular attractions on the island. The tower offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape and crystal clear waters.
- White Water Rafting & Kayaking – experience a wide range of white water rafting and kayaking tours, including trips down treacherous rapids and around beautiful curves in tranquil waterways.
3 . The Spice Garden – This charming walk-through botanical garden is home to more than 350 varieties of exotic plants, as well as a museum and gift shop.
Activities on Silhouette Island:
- Golfing – play 18 holes of championship golf at the Belmond Maldives Resort & Spa or The Lighthouse.
- Snorkeling and Kayaking – explore the uninhabited coral islands off the coast of Silhouette Island, where you’re likely to see colorful fish and diverse ecosystems.
3 . Fishing – try your hand at fishing for marlin, tuna , lobster, and more in the crystal clear waters of the island’s many waterways.
Transport to Silhouette Island:
- Air – Silhouette Island is only a short flight away from Male International Airport.
- Sea – arrivai on the island by luxury yacht or private cruiser from nearby islands such as Malé, Hulhule, and Eravipuram.
Cuisine on Silhouette Island:
- Maldivian Cuisine – enjoy authentic local flavors at some of the island’s top restaurants, such as The Lighthouse or Eagle’s Nest.
- International cuisine – try something different at one of the many international restaurants located on the island.
In conclusion, I would say that it is definitely worth visiting Silhouette Island. It’s a beautiful place with a lot to offer, and the people there are friendly and welcoming. If you’re looking for an escape from the everyday grind, Silhouette Island could be the perfect destination for you!
1.What Are The Prices For Accommodation On Silhouette Island?
Ans. There are a variety of accommodation options available, from luxury resorts to villas. Prices vary depending on the type of accommodation you select, but generally, all accommodations offer competitive rates.
2.Are There Any Recommended 3 Activities That I Should Avoid Doing While Visiting Silhouette Island?
Ans. Ah, this is a tricky question! Visitors to Silhouette Island can enjoy a wide range of activities, from fishing to cycling. However, there are a few things that visitors should avoid doing in order to stay safe and healthy.
For example, swimming in murky water or trekking through forested areas without proper preparations can be detrimental to your health and could lead to injury. Overall, Silhouette Island is a wonderful place to visit but please exercise caution when exploring the island’s natural wonders!
3.Are There Any Visas Required For Traveling To Silhouette Island?
Ans. No, visa requirements are not currently in place for travelers visiting Silhouette Island. However, you should always consult with your local embassy or consulate before departing to ensure that you have the proper documents ready in case of a travel confirmation.