Parola Island is a luxury self-catering island located in the Maldives. Offering all-inclusive accommodation, the island offers guests a truly unique and luxurious experience.
The island features an impressive array of amenities and facilities, including a world-class spa, three championship golf courses, and a variety of other activities and entertainment options. Parola Island is perfect for those who want to escape the everyday hustle and bustle of city life and revel in the serenity and tranquility of the Maldives.
Parola Island is located in the Adelaide River, about 240 kilometers upstream from the mouth of the Murray River. The island was first sighted by Europeans in 1642 and named by Lieutenant James Cook after Parola, the Aboriginal girl with whom he had a memorable conversation on board the Endeavour.
The first landing and settlement on Parola Island were by the French explorer René-Robert Cavelier, Sieur de La Salle in 1687.
The British navigator William Dampier landed on the island in 1688. The first recorded European settlement on Parola Island was by 1775 when convict laborers were employed to clear land for agriculture. The island was later used as a penal colony and then as a military depot by both British and Australian forces before being handed back to government control in 1986.
Parola Island is located in the middle of the Indian Ocean, close to the coast of Somalia. The island is about 10 km long and 5 km wide, with a population of around 1,000 people. The majority of the population is made up of Somali nationals, who have been living on the island for generations. The main economic activities on Parola Island are fishing and tourism.
Parola Island is a small, uninhabited island located in the mouth of the Clarence River in New South Wales, Australia. It is known for its biodiversity and geological history, including the Australian Fossil Regoliths National Park and the unusual rock formations known as Pigeon Rocks.
There is no permanent population on Parola Island, which is located in the middle of the Indian Ocean. The majority of the population is made up of Somali nationals, who have been living there for generations.
Parola Island is a small, unincorporated island in the Gulf of Mexico that is part of the city of Brownsville, Texas. The island has a population of around 100 people and relies largely on fishing and tourism for its economy. The main sources of income for the island’s residents are tourism, fishing, and offshore oil drilling.
Parola Island has a hot desert climate. summers are hot and dry, while winters are mild with occasional snow.
Culture and Religion
Parola Island is a small and remote island located in the Solomon Islands. It is known for its diverse culture and religion, which is largely influenced by the Polynesian people who first settled on the island.
The majority of the population practices the Christian faith, but there are also significant numbers of followers of traditional spiritual beliefs such as sorcery and ancestor worship. There is also a small Muslim community on the island, although they are not well-known or well-loved.
Parola Island is a French Polynesia island that is home to the Parola people. The Parola language is a Polynesian language that is spoken on Parola Island and on parts of the nearby islands. There are about 2,000 speakers of the Parola language, and it is considered critically endangered. The language is also known as Lipari or Paoa.
Given that Parola Island is situated in the middle of the Indian Ocean – an area that is notoriously difficult to reach – it is not surprising that there are few educational institutions on the island. That said, there are a few primary and secondary schools on the island, as well as a few vocational training centers. There is also a small university on the island, although it does not offer any undergraduate degrees.
Parola Island is a small, uninhabited island in the South Pacific Ocean that is currently under dispute between the Republic of Kiribati and the Kingdom of Tonga. The dispute centers around who owns the land and resources on Parola Island, and whether either party is authorized to establish any permanent settlements or military bases on the island.
The dispute began in 2005 when the Kingdom of Tonga attempted to establish a military base on Parola Island in order to assert its territorial claims over the island. The Republic of Kiribati opposed this action and filed a lawsuit against the Kingdom of Tonga in the International Court of Justice (ICJ). In 2010, the ICJ ruled in favor of Kiribati and declared that Tonga was not authorized to establish a military base on Parola Island.
There are no government services available on Parola Island. The residents of the island rely on sporadic shipments of food and other supplies that are delivered by boat to the island.
Given that Parola Island is located in the middle of the Indian Ocean – an area that is notoriously difficult to reach – it is not surprising that there are very few tourists who visit the island. That said, there have been a few reports of tour operators offering trips to Parola Island from nearby islands in the Indian Ocean.
Hotels and Resorts List
Here you go! A list of hotels and resorts on Parola Island. Keep in mind that the prices and availability of these properties can change at any time, so please always confirm the latest information before making your booking:
- Coral Cove Resort – This is a 5-star resort that offers beautiful views of the ocean and lush landscaping. It is situated on the slopes of a mountain, which provides natural shade during the scorching summers. The hotel has an elegant swimming pool and a tennis court, as well as several other recreational amenities.
- Blue Lagoon Resort – This is another top-notch resort that boasts championship-quality golf courses, a world-class spa, and stunning views of the ocean. It also features an award-winning children’s camp and a variety of activities that can be enjoyed by all ages.
- The Blue Mountain Resort – This boutique hotel offers elegant accommodation in a secluded location atop a beautiful mountain. It features several ponds, botanical gardens, and hiking trails, as well as a championship golf course and an infinity pool that overlooks the ocean.
- The Sunset Beach Resort – This boutique hotel is situated on white-sand beaches in front of crystal clear water. It features luxurious rooms with private balconies or terraces, as well as various recreational amenities such as an outdoor pool, tennis courts, and kayaks for exploring the waters around Parola Island.
Here you go! A list of attractions on Parola Island. Keep in mind that the prices and availability of these locations can change at any time, so always confirm the latest information before making your booking:
- The Raja Ampat Resort – This is a world-renowned luxury resort that spans over 4,000 acres of jaw-dropping natural beauty. It features an awe-inspiring collection of spectacular limestone cliffs and pristine white beaches, as well as a wide range of adventures and activities that can be enjoyed by all.
- The Lembeh Resort – This is one of the most popular dive destinations in Asia, and rightly so! Its staggeringly clear waters offer divers access to an incredible variety of marine life, while its luxurious resorts provide stunning ocean views and impeccable service.
- The Bali Monkey Forest – Nestled high up in the trees overlooking beautiful rice fields, this fascinating attraction is home to more than 1,000 rare and endangered wild monkeys. Visitors can explore the forest either on foot or by riding on horseback through its winding pathways.
Here are some of the activities that you can enjoy on Parola Island:
- Diving – The clear, crystal-clear waters of Parola Island make it a perfect destination for divers looking to explore its depths. There are numerous dive sites located throughout the island, each offering its own unique experiences and opportunities for exploration.
- Cycling – cycling is an extraordinarily popular activity in Bali and Indonesia in general, and Parola Island is no exception. The island’s plentiful supply of smooth, well-maintained trails makes it the perfect place to enjoy a leisurely cycle ride through its scenic countryside.
There are a number of ways to get to Parola Island from the mainland:
- By plane – The island is located just a short flight away from Bali’s Kuta Airport, making it easy and convenient for visitors to reach.
- By boat – Boat transfers can be arranged directly at the island’s resort complexes or nearby waterfront villages, making it easy and hassle-free for guests to get where they’re going.
The cuisine of Parola Island is characterized by its use of fresh, local ingredients. Dishes commonly include grilled chicken or fish accompanied by steamed rice and vegetable side dishes, all cooked in an aromatic ‘sambal’ sauce made from chili peppers, onions, and leeks.
Parola Island is an idyllic destination that offers guests a wealth of activities and opportunities to enjoy the stunningly beautiful surroundings and wild monkeys. Whether you’re looking to explore its depths underwater, cycle through its picturesque countryside, or simply relax in one of the island’s luxurious resorts, Parola Island has something for everyone.
1.What Kind of Accommodations Are Available on Parola Island?
Ans. There are a number of resorts located throughout the island, each offering its own unique amenities and experiences for guests. Some examples include luxurious villas, oceanfront hotels with pool and spa facilities, or simply peaceful garden bungalows perfect for relaxing after a day exploring the island’s many attractions.
2.How Much Does It Cost to Stay on Parola Island?
Ans. Prices for accommodations and meals vary depending on the specific resort selected, but on average it can cost between Bali or Java. However, there are a number of affordable options available as well, so it’s definitely worth checking out all of the different resorts before making your decision.
3.Can I Take My Pet With Me to Stay on Parola Island?
Ans. Yes – pets are allowed at most resorts on the island and will be taken care of while you’re away. Just be sure to have your pet’s vaccinations updated and please note that some resorts do not allow pets in certain areas due to the limited space.